Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sunday, August 3, 1952: I can taste that ice cream now coursing through my veins!

Peanuts

I love the second panel for this one. Simultaneously delicious and disturbing.

Lucy's confused copying of Patty and Violet, to me, are an unexpectedly important part of this strip. It's a mocking echo of Charlie Brown's torment! She is become Nyarlathotep, the Crawling Chaos! Ia! Ia! ...

Oops, sorry about that. I should probably tone down the Lovecraft references, heh.

In the next-to-last panel, it is weird to see the girls hiding from CB's wrath. There isn't even any lead up to it; the girls are suddenly in the background behind those trees. Then in the last panel they're instantly back.

Oh, and how about that look on Lucy's face in the first panel? She really seems to be into that wagon.

2 comments:

  1. Man, it's like he wants to shoot it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, I like the nice added touch of the trees bending away from Charlie Brown's wrath ... poor impotent Charlie Brown, in just a short few years nature would no longer bend to his whim ...

    ReplyDelete