Friday, March 20, 2009

About this Blog

This blog is devoted to reading through every Peanuts strip, from the first to the last, pointing out the most interesting and funniest ones.  I'm not linking to every strip, but a good proportion.

Whether I make it or not I can't say, but there are thousands of awesome strips to come.  It'll be a while yet.  I already have 104 more posts scheduled to go, which takes me through about eight months of the strip.  And the strip is so frequently modern, even in the 50s, and good that it's been a breeze so far.

For following along, I don't, for the moment, inline any strips, instead linking to the appropriate page at comics.com.  It's not an optimal solution I realize, especially since they have popups and flash ads, but it's the best I can legally come up with.  If you own a copy of the Fantagraphics Complete Peanuts (lucky dog), you can follow along that way.  If you'd like one of those, might I direct you to the Amazon Store in the sidebar?

If you're forced to follow along by linking back and forth, the best way to do it, under most tabbed web browsers, is to middle-click (press "in" on the mouse wheel) on the link.  This will open the page in a new tab.

According to comics.com, eventually the Peanuts archive is going to be moving to the site snoopy.com.  I'm unsure if I'll be able to link to strips directly once the archive moves.

EDIT: I'm inlining them now, and I've edited all the prior posts to include the strips themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment