I overshot it by a few days, but it's true: we've now reviewed four years of Peanuts. Only 45 to go!
In the upcoming year, 1954-55:
- We meet the second minor character, and the first really temporary character. You can tell just from the name that Charlotte Braun isn't going to stick around for long.
- Lucy grows into her role as cast bully, gaining useful practice by terrorizing her brother Linus.
- We catch a fleeting glimpse of an adult's hand! Gasp!
- The long-running strip template of Lucy pining away after Schroeder the aloof musician really gets established.
- Snoopy begins imagining things, which marks the real beginning of the character we're familiar with today.
- We get the first letter that a character writes that's depicted as words hanging in the air.
- Lucy doesn't believe what Charlie Brown tells her some more times, and Charlie Brown develops an epic series of stomaches in response.